Before and After SCHOOL CARE "CASA"
Castlecrag Montessori School offers before and after school care as an optional extra for children enrolled in the school. The program is called CASA.
What are the hours for Casa AM and Casa PM?
- Casa AM: 8.00am until 8.30am, after which time the Casa AM children will join the regular class (8.30am-12pm for half day students and 8.30am-2.30pm for Extended Day Students).
- Casa PM: 12.00pm until 2.30pm.
How much will Casa AM and Casa PM cost?
- For permanent bookings: Casa AM will cost a flat rate of $10 per day. Casa PM will cost a flat rate of $35 per day.
- For casual bookings (see more info below): Casa AM will cost a flat rate of $15 per day. Casa PM will cost a flat rate of $40 per day.
You will be invoiced for your permanent booking at the beginning of the relevant term. Fees are paid for the entire term and are non-refundable. Casual bookings will be invoiced twice a term (midway and at the end of term). You will not be charged for public holidays or teacher-only days that fall within the term.
How do I make a casual booking?
Your child can attend on a casual basis, subject to a place being available, as places are limited. You must make your booking request at latest by email before 2pm on the day prior to the day you want the care. For Monday casual bookings, you must request the booking before 2pm on the Friday prior. You will then be notified by return email: either confirming the booking or advising no if places are already full for that session.
Which children are eligible for Casa?
All children attending CMS are eligible for Casa. Please note that new 3 year olds will require a four week settling in period and Director approval before being able to access the CASA program.
Does my child have to stay for the whole of the Casa AM or PM period?
No. As long as you have booked the place, you may drop off your child after 8.00am for Casa AM or pick up your child before 2.30pm for Casa PM. However, the fee for Casa AM and Casa PM is a flat rate - that is, you will not be refunded any part of your payment if you decide to drop your child off late or pick them up early.
You or your carer must ensure you sign your child in and out, and record the time of drop-off and pick-up on the daily attendance sheet.
What happens if my child is sick or away and we miss a session?
Please notify the school by phone or email that your child will be absent. Make-up sessions will not be available for CASA sessions missed, nor will fees be refunded. If you have booked a casual session and your child can no longer attend due to illness, please let the School Administrator know.
What things does my child need to bring for CASA?
- For CASA PM: A nutritious packed lunch. Pre-packaged foods are discouraged and nuts, peanut butter and eggs are not allowed on the premises due to food allergies. You may provide a drink but filtered water is always available. Sweets are not allowed and the school cannot reheat food. The children eat between 12.00pm and 12.30pm with assistants supervising. Lunch boxes and drink bottles should be clearly labelled.
- For CASA PM: Small tube of roll-on sunscreen (named)
- FOR BOTH: Hat and a change of clothes (labelled)
Will we be able to have the same permanent booking for the following term?
Bookings must be re-confirmed for each term. However, if you have secured a place in Term 1 you will get first option to renew for those days/sessions in the following terms.
If you have any questions or need any further information re CASA please let us know.