Enrolment at Castlecrag Montessori School
School week is from Monday to Friday
- Pre-school class starts at 8.30 am and finishes at 12 noon.
- Extended Day (Kindergarten) class starts at 8.30 am and finishes at 2.30 pm.
The first step to enrolling your child is to make an appointment for a classroom observation. This is the best way to appreciate the uniqueness of Montessori education.
The second step is to place your child’s name on the waiting list. The waiting list fee is $55.
When the school allocates places to children, the following factors are considered:
- Age and sex balance of the children in the classroom.
- Time spent on the waiting list.
- Commitment of the families to the full three-year program.
- Preparedness of families to commit to the philosophy and policies of the school.
The final decision to admit a child is taken only after a parent interview with a Director. The start date depends on the Directors ’ assessments of the child’s readiness. Children must be fully toilet trained (a DEC requirement) and capable of separating from their parents.
The school generally admits children to the school in Terms 1, 2 and 3. Children are usually admitted in the term in which they turn three years of age.
Start dates are staggered so as to assist the children in adjusting to their new environment, as well as minimising disruption to the rest of the class.